Senior Manager-Data Management / Data Management SpecialistICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals and nationals from the Asian countries for the position of Senior Manager-Data Management / Data Management Specialist, to harmonize data management activities across the Institute. S/he is expected to design and develop methods to provide safe, secure and efficient storage of research data generated at ICRISAT; and improve the workflows and processes for efficient data management. The position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, near Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Greater Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India and belongs to the Consortium of Centers supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
- Work with the community of researchers to develop public data management systems.
- Liaise with CGIAR Consortium Research programs and other global project initiatives and discussions on research data management.
- Develop a comprehensive, practical and user-friendly suite of work-flows and protocols which facilitate research data storage and access at ICRISAT.
- Data integration, warehousing and data mining.
- Develop and manage the data management platform.
- Define and implement data standards and best practices for Research Data Management by developing ontologies and standard vocabularies.
- Organize training programs for ICRISAT scientists and research support staff on data conservation and preservation methods and techniques, including self-instructional online modules.
- Sensitization on the importance and benefits of data management.
- Must be Post-Graduate from recognized University with 6 or more years of experience in IT with at least 4 years of Data management experience.
- Strong background in agricultural R4D, data management, information management and computer science.
- Experience in developing data management platforms.
- Familiarity with commercial data warehousing implementations, and knowledge on statistics will be added advantages.
- Knowledge on Open Source Applications/platforms will be preferred.
- Experience with change management initiatives in publicly funded organizations will be preferred.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural partnerships.
- Excellent communications skills in written and spoken English
- A willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
How to apply:Applicants should apply on or before 31 March 2012 by email, sending a letter of motivation, a full Curriculum Vita, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: ICRISATjobs@cgiar.org. The reference name of the position (Data Management Specialist, KSI) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message. The position will be kept open until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.